COVID-19 has made many Australians anxious and clueless on how to protect themselves and their loved ones from contracting the virus.
Although we have learned many things about COVID-19 since it spread all across the country, we are still waiting for a permanent solution to what is now a global pandemic that is ravaging both the health of our citizenry and the economy.
Now that businesses are reopening, cleaning and disinfection are two components that we need to establish in our workspaces.
As per World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations, homes and businesses need to focus their efforts in enhancing hygiene, sanitation, and disinfection measures, as these serve as effective protective measures against COVID-19 and other opportunistic microorganisms.
Professional cleaning companies have stepped up and are now offering comprehensive cleaning services as response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Impact of COVID-19 in Australia
At the time of publishing, a total of 8,886 Australians has been diagnosed with COVID-19, with a large percentage of cases in New South Wales and Victoria territories. There are over 2.8 million COVID-19 tests have been conducted and 106 people have unfortunately died to date.
Current recommendations of the Department of Health for the prevention and reduced transmission of the virus are as follows:
- Handwashing should be implemented as frequently as possible using soap and water. Using hand sanitiser is not a recommended alternative or replacement for handwashing.
- Coughing and sneezing should be done into the crook of your elbow or arm. Avoid sneezing on your hands.
- Refrain from touching your face, especially when you are outdoors.
- Always be mindful of social distancing rules. Keep at least 1.5 distance away from other people.
- Implement self-isolation measures if you feel unwell, have recently travelled overseas, or have been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual.
How to Clean an Office Properly in the Time of COVID-19
It is imperative to utilise the right cleaning process that addresses the threat of COVID spread. It has been observed that most Australians have automatically adapted the disinfection approach to protect themselves from catching the virus, however health experts recommend cleaning to be more effective in virus protection than disinfection.
- Cleaning is a routine practice to promote health and wellness. It involves washing down surfaces by utilising soap and water or cleaning solution to remove dust and dirt safely and effectively. In essence, cleaning is physically removing germs by washing them off from surfaces.
- On the other hand, disinfection kills disease-causing germs through chemical means. It is only advisable for people who are suffering from a contagious illness and wish to protect themselves from picking up more germs along the way as well as protect people from catching whatever illness they are carrying.
The Importance of Hiring Professional Cleaners in Offices
An office is considered a public place as it allows access for a large number of people. It is also where large groups of people assemble and stay for extended periods hence it is only crucial to enforce stricter cleaning and disinfection guidelines at the workplace.
You need to seek the expertise of professional cleaning companies to ensure that your place is kept clean and COVID-19 free at all times.
Making sure the workplace is clean and germ-free guarantees that your staff will be productive and efficient at work, since they have peace of mind that they are in a clean and safe place.
Hiring a professional cleaning company is recommended since they are fully-equipped with the tools and machinery to conduct cleaning services following high standards. The staff are trained to tackle various challenges that your office needs to resolve sooner than later.
Professional cleaners also have the experience and knowledge to deal with different types of requirements, from removing accumulated dust, dirt, and contaminates from surfaces to disinfecting office furniture and common spaces, thereby reducing the risk of contracting COVID-19 at the workplace.
Professional cleaning companies also strictly comply with OHS and work health and safety guidelines, creating a safe and healthy environment not only for employees but for clients, too. They arrive in full PPE and safety gear, enabling them to work with utmost speed and efficiency.
Hiring a professional cleaning company is a practical way of dealing COVID-19 in the long term. By regularly cleaning the office, you are sure to enhance your productivity as employees are less likely to get infected with the coronavirus.
Business owners also save money when they hire professional cleaners to do the dirty work. Instead of investing in equipment, supplies, products and manpower to create an in-house maintenance and cleaning department, business owners can simply call professional cleaners to do thorough cleaning and disinfection without breaking the bank.
If your goal is to keep your business thriving amidst the COVID019 pandemic, partnering with a reputable cleaning service provider will help you achieve this and so much more. Performance Cleaning can definitely help with your cleaning concerns, you may contact us at 1300 867 872.